Remember that a motorcyclist must abide
by the same traffic rules and regulations as other motorists.
Before taking your motorcycle on a public road, become familiar
with traffic rules and regulations and any special requirements
These are the motorcyclist’s rules
for courteous driving:
- Treat other motorists with courtesy
- Avoid tailgating.
- Avoid riding between lanes of slow-moving
or stopped traffic.
- Know and obey traffic laws, including
ordinances in your community.
- Avoid excessive noise by leaving the
stock muffler in place or using a muffler of equivalent noise
- Use signals when appropriate.
- Be courteous. The practices of
some riders are offensive to other motorists (weaving in
and out of stalled traffic, riding on shoulders, etc.).
Being inconsiderate of other motorists creates a negative
image for all riders, and can cause crashes.
Riders must ride aware, know their limits and
ride within them. They must also be aware of
and understand their motorcycle's limitations and the environment
in which they